Man Cleaning Gun Dies After Accidentally Shooting Himself In The Chest While On Video Call


Police say a Florida man died after accidentally shooting himself in the chest while cleaning a gun while he was on a video call.












Just before 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Miami-Dade Fire Rescue were dispatched to a residence along Southwest 27th Street and 106th Avenue after receiving multiple calls of a man shot.

According to WSVN, police said the victim, identified as 43-year-old Josmel Herrera, was on a video call with a family member and demonstrated the proper way to clean a gun when he accidentally shot himself in the chest.

“When I came out, you know my door is see-through, I saw these cops and I was like, ‘What?'” a nearby neighbor said.

One neighbor ran over after hearing the gunshot to help but there was nothing he could do.

Watch courtesy of WSVN:

WSVN-TV – 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

Other neighbors said they heard the gunshot and initially thought it was a car accident. “I was in shock, because in this neighborhood, I’ve lived here 30 something years, and nothing like this has ever happened,” one neighbor said.

Herrera was transported to Kendall Regional Trauma Center where he later succumbed to his injuries.

And tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Herrera leaves behind a wife and daughter.

Be sure to give us some ‘like’ on Facebook.

H/T: FON’s very own Spy @ComgenKDT, with thanks.

Image: Screen grab.

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015