Roy Moore Says He’ll Sue The Washington Post. He’s Bluffing (VIDEO)

285
Republish
Reprint

US Senate candidate and culture warrior Roy Moore told a select audience at Huntsville Christian Academy last night that he will sue the Washington Post over their reporting on his dates with girls 14 to 18 years old when he was in his thirties.

“About three days ago, The Washington Post published another attack on my character and reputation in a desperate attempt to stop my political campaign,” Moore said in an event closed to reporters. “These attacks about a minor child are completely false and untrue. And for which they will be sued.”

After a standing ovation, Moore continued his efforts to frame the story as a conspiracy by all of his political enemies acting in concert.

“There are groups that don’t want me in the United States Senate,” he remarked. “The Democratic Party — they don’t want to see me in the United States Senate. There’s the Republican establishment, which has spent over $30 million to keep me out of the Senate” by supporting his primary opponent Luther Strange.

“Working together, they realized that my opponent is 11 points behind. They’re desperate.” In fact, Moore’s opponent Doug Jones has been running a strong campaign, and polls released this weekend show them in a statistical tie.

Moore also referred to earlier Washington Post reporting that relied on documents from his Foundation for Moral Law to show that he had received larger compensation than was reported to the IRS.

That story “kind of failed for them,” Moore said, intimating that his enemies were forced to fabricate last week’s revelations.

“This article is a prime example of fake news, designed to divert attention from the true issues facing our country like health care, military readiness, immigration and raising the national debt,” Moore said.

Moore said last Friday that an “investigation” will clear his name. Breitbart, the alternate reality website headed by white nationalist Steve Bannon, has dispatched reputational hit men to Alabama in order to dig up dirt on the four women accusing him.

But Moore is unlikely to follow through on his threat to sue the newspaper because the Post‘s lawyers would be able to ask questions about the story in a sworn deposition. Moore would not like to risk perjury, yet his truthful answers would likely go against his interests.

They would also be able to use his disastrous appearance on Sean Hannity’s radio show last week against him. For example, Moore’s statement that he asked permission of teenage girls’s mothers before taking them out on dates would undoubtedly provoke lots of questions that he does not want to answer: “How old were you at this time? Don’t you think that means they were too young?”

“Your former colleague Teresa Jones says that it was ‘common knowledge‘ in the district attorney’s office that you dated high school girls,” they might ask. “Is that true?”

Even Moore’s own words about his life would come into play. “You say in your autobiography that you first felt attracted to your wife Kayla when she was a teenager. Is that correct?”

In short, Roy Moore is bluffing. He would rather go straight to hell than submit to that kind of questioning under oath.

Here is video of Moore’s remarks via his Facebook page:

Note to our readers: Please share/tweet our articles. Trump supporting trolls targeted our accounts and reported them en masse, without cause. This triggered seemingly automatic suspensions. Twitter support has failed to address this issue. Thank you!


Featured image via Facebook

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 DeepStateNation.com

Leave a Reply

deepstatenation